Questions for Adam

The Main Event
bonebroke
Geacon

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by bonebroke »

Do you guys ever consider asking/letting Maynard write some of the music....(and you guys contribute to the lyrics) or does everyone involved prefer the arrangement as is?

Now a days vinyl usually contains a digital download code.
Rush gave us flac files in the 2011 Moving Pictures vinyl copy.
Might we expect same kinda aKtion with your new vinyl?

Would you guys ever consider playing an album in it's entirety for a show (like Steely Dan, APC, etc)?
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

bonebroke wrote:
Would you guys ever consider playing an album in it's entirety for a show (like Steely Dan, APC, etc)?
Great question, and I would love to hear the answer to this one. I think Adam alluded to a set list question in Australia that the reason they don't play certain songs is because of Maynard. Maynard has mentioned that there are certain songs that he just will not sing any longer, due to subject matter or vocal chord strain. I'd love to see them play Aenima or Lateralus front to back, but both albums contain songs that MJK probably does not care to sing ever again. Then again, they did bust out T&L last tour so anything is possible.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I don't think many Tool fans would like for them to play just one album. Atleast not the many Tool fans I have encountered. We like variety, and not only that but the anticipation of not knowing of what is going to be played it part of what makes the live experience so thrilling. If you want to hear Ænema pop in the cd and bump that shit. If I had any question for Adam it would be related to any type of DVD/live footage/Tool movie ideas.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Variety? Give me a fucking break. They've been playing the same set, plus or minus one or two songs since 2006. At this point there would be more variety in them playing their opus front to back. Most of us on here can already "anticipate" 9 out of the 10 songs that will be played this tour.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Should do Opiate 4 times in a row.
also, Avatar!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's still just one album. We Tool fans like variety. Throw in 46+2, Schism, and Stinkfist and we have ourselves a rodeo! :roll:
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Bill Hilly wrote:Variety? Give me a fucking break. They've been playing the same set, plus or minus one or two songs since 2006. At this point there would be more variety in them playing their opus front to back. Most of us on here can already "anticipate" 9 out of the 10 songs that will be played this tour.
It was just my opinion, settle down now. Everyone is different, and not everyone has the means or luck to see Tool live. I've seen them 6 times over 16 years and every set was different. I could imagine it becoming "annoying" as some would say to hear the same set over and over, which is why I like to spread my shows out. Be humble, appreciate anything you can get. There are plenty of people who have never had a chance to see Tool. Think of all the South Americans who have only experienced Tool through YouTube and thankfully Mexicans will have the opportunity very soon, which for some reason I predict a pretty damn awesome show. In other words chill out man, smoke a doob and whatever songs they play, embrace them. You never know it might be your last show.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm chill....I live in the mountains of Colorado. I just don't get your argument at all. I would bet my mountain of doobs that a good portion of the Tool community would pay a shit ton of money to see them play Lateralus front to back. Also, your post reminds me of some preachy mother telling her child not to waste food at the dinner table because there are kids starving in Africa.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Bill Hilly wrote:I'm chill....I live in the mountains of Colorado. I just don't get your argument at all. I would bet my mountain of doobs that a good portion of the Tool community would pay a shit ton of money to see them play Lateralus front to back. Also, your post reminds me of some preachy mother telling her child not to waste food at the dinner table because there are kids starving in Africa.
Again, it's just an opinion. And yes I do think of those unfortunate because I have been there, and I do my best to contribute any way that I can to help out someone who needs it. You might want to repel down from those mountains and realise there is a entire planet to be discovered by you. Just saying
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Cool. Can I borrow 500 bucks?
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Sure, hit me up when come down under
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Will you stop saying it's just your opinion? It's so f'n trite and passive-aggressive. Man up. Also, I've traveled across the globe and spent time in many places you would call unfortunate. Eat a bag of dicks.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

A whole bag of dicks?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

BlackHole83 wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:I'm chill....I live in the mountains of Colorado. I just don't get your argument at all. I would bet my mountain of doobs that a good portion of the Tool community would pay a shit ton of money to see them play Lateralus front to back. Also, your post reminds me of some preachy mother telling her child not to waste food at the dinner table because there are kids starving in Africa.
Again, it's just an opinion. And yes I do think of those unfortunate because I have been there, and I do my best to contribute any way that I can to help out someone who needs it. You might want to repel down from those mountains and realise there is a entire planet to be discovered by you. Just saying
LOL, no, you don't.

Please, tell me more of this planet that you've discovered. Be sure to pepper your diatribe with liberal references to how altruistic you are.

My sides. Young people, huh.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Bill Hilly wrote:Will you stop saying it's just your opinion? It's so f'n trite and passive-aggressive. Man up. Also, I've traveled across the globe and spent time in many places you would call unfortunate. Eat a bag of dicks.
I love it when people use "just my opinion". It's become akin to an excuse now.

"Just my opinion, but by saying that, anything that follows completely nulls the concept of responsibility for me."
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

The Boss wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:
LOL, no, you don't.

Please, tell me more of this planet that you've discovered. Be sure to pepper your diatribe with liberal references to how altruistic you are.

My sides. Young people, huh.
Who are you again? Me and hill billy boy were agreeing to disagree. Not a big deal really. I didn't realise you were in the conversation, but your more than welcome to talk to yourself and make up stories in your head if you want. Have fun
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

BlackHole83 wrote:
Who are you again? Me and hill billy boy were agreeing to disagree. Not a big deal really. I didn't realise you were in the conversation, but your more than welcome to talk to yourself and make up stories in your head if you want. Have fun
*you're
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

The Boss wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:Will you stop saying it's just your opinion? It's so f'n trite and passive-aggressive. Man up. Also, I've traveled across the globe and spent time in many places you would call unfortunate. Eat a bag of dicks.
I love it when people use "just my opinion". It's become akin to an excuse now.

"Just my opinion, but by saying that, anything that follows completely nulls the concept of responsibility for me."
Unfortunately, sometimes people have a hard time realising that people with opposite views are just conveying their views and it's not a personal attack. People get defensive and shit over the tiniest little thing, when in all reality it's just people expressing their own views on things. It's not rocket science, yet for some it can be a difficult thing, hence the "just an opinion" . In other words chill the fuck out, I have a different view on things, whoopty fucking doo. Deal with it, it's happens on an every day basis in every imaginable setting, there is no need to get bent out of shape over it, just agree to disagree and move the fuck on.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Opinions are like blackholes.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Meta.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

1. Why are you so lazy?

2. Who's the laziest out of you, Justin, Danny Carey and that Lebanese tradesman who took 3 and a half years to finish off the side wall in my garden?

3. What time do you get out of bed in the morning? Or do you not get up until 2:30 ?

4. How much time during the average writing session is actually devoted to writing and how much to reading comic books, watching Family Guy, ordering out for pizza and drawing funny doodles on the back of a TV Weekly?

5. Have you even paid attention to a single word I've just said?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

How much of your audience do you feel both loves your music and pro wrestling?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Where are my keys?

What does MJK smell like? Tabasco? Am I right by assuming tabasco?

I have five apples and give you seven. Why am I a wizard?

Scrunch or fold?

Who is your least favourite still alive "GAME OF THRONES" character?

Is it pronounced "wressle" or "wrassle"?

Is this infected?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:1. Why are you so lazy?

2. Who's the laziest out of you, Justin, Danny Carey and that Lebanese tradesman who took 3 and a half years to finish off the side wall in my garden?

3. What time do you get out of bed in the morning? Or do you not get up until 2:30 ?

4. How much time during the average writing session is actually devoted to writing and how much to reading comic books, watching Family Guy, ordering out for pizza and drawing funny doodles on the back of a TV Weekly?

5. Have you even paid attention to a single word I've just said?
We've got a perfectly good Grudge thread. Let's try and keep the Tool trolling posts in there...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's hard to take any criticisms CJ has about Tool seriously since what's his name discovered his very much "fanboi" post on that random site.
Hey! Denty!