Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Kittaan »

][' [[]] [[]] ][, wrote:Newsletter is up. Now run right out and read it you fuck!
I did. Apparently, Tool are "hard at work" on the new album. Esoteric revelation.
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Why does Blair even call that a newsletter. It's pointless garbage. That stupid mercury thing? Stretching out that post from a few months ago. I would prefer this as a newsletter:

June 2014 Newsletter:
No news to report.

BMB
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Post by also known as . . . »

^Your whats wrong with Tool "fans"
seen'em everywhere man
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

also known as . . . wrote:^Your whats wrong with Tool "fans"
You're*

But I disagree. I'm probably more excited for a new tool album than just about anyone on this forum. I still listen to tool on a daily basis. But come on with the repetitive bullshit newsletters.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Why does Blair even call that a newsletter. It's pointless garbage. That stupid mercury thing? Stretching out that post from a few months ago. I would prefer this as a newsletter:

June 2014 Newsletter:
No news to report.

BMB
Tool fans would still complain about that. Perhaps it needs to be entirely blank?
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Yeah, they're working real hard..
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Well, 3/4 of the band? Mayhaps?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan wrote:Well, 3/4 of the band? Mayhaps?
No. Fuck you. This isn't a Stephen King book.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy wrote:Perhaps it needs to be entirely blank?
Might as well be?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I think that bird is directed towards the other 3/4.......haps.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:I think that bird is directed towards the other 3/4.......haps.
...Maynard ballwasher
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

Seeing as maynard being the lazy fuck that he is, I find this to be completely absurd for him to working on non TOOL related music

On a serious note, Justin/Adam/Danny, let's get to work shall we? I think Pusicfer and APC have released more music in the last decade than TOOL has in 22 years.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:I think that bird is directed towards the other 3/4.......haps.
...Maynard ballwasher
Because I actually pay attention?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ;)
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I thought it to be directed towards any fans bitching at mj for lack of new music.
also, Avatar!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
...Maynard ballwasher
Because I actually pay attention?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ;)
Hahaha :)
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

if that's the newsletter every month for the rest of the year we should actually have something released in 2015. I miss new Tool. remember the 60 second leak of Vicarious back in 06? that got me so excited. then I saw what I thought at the time was a fake rip on an FTP, everyone was saying it was fake at least. I dled it in about 30 seconds opened it up and BOOM. new fucking Tool album. ::ran to the neighborhood:: no ones going to believe this BUT!! .....lol the rest was history. at this point, ancient history. especially being 2 of the 3 people I played it for are now dead.... :cry:
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:if that's the newsletter every month for the rest of the year we should actually have something released in 2015. I miss new Tool. remember the 60 second leak of Vicarious back in 06? that got me so excited. then I saw what I thought at the time was a fake rip on an FTP, everyone was saying it was fake at least. I dled it in about 30 seconds opened it up and BOOM. new fucking Tool album. ::ran to the neighborhood:: no ones going to believe this BUT!! .....lol the rest was history. at this point, ancient history. especially being 2 of the 3 people I played it for are now dead.... :cry:
Well that escalated quickly
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

This may tie in with the Newsletter a little. From Rynne's Children of Saturn FB page:
i'm taking off for a few weeks! i'll be back for broadcasting on JUNE 30th and i'll give you some updates and pics from my travels. the stones are calling....
Not sure if Danny is with her for those few weeks, but interesting given that the newsletter seems to mentions July 1. Are Tool on break until then, or so busy getting shit done that Rynne feels the need to get away for a while.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:This may tie in with the Newsletter a little. From Rynne's Children of Saturn FB page:
i'm taking off for a few weeks! i'll be back for broadcasting on JUNE 30th and i'll give you some updates and pics from my travels. the stones are calling....
Not sure if Danny is with her for those few weeks, but interesting given that the newsletter seems to mentions July 1. Are Tool on break until then, or so busy getting shit done that Rynne feels the need to get away for a while.
Now I know Blair's word isn't gospel but he did say that everyone should take a break from their projects until July 1. Now if that's all he said I would agree 1000% that tool is taking a break. But he specifically called them out and said "except if you're in a band called tool". Maybe that was the fan in him begging tool to NOT take a break? Maybe they really aren't taking a break at all and Blair just tied it in with pointless mercury nonsense. Or maybe he had no clue what he's talking about.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think the newsletter is ambiguous. And to be honest I don't care where they are up to or how many breaks they do or don't take. Blair can say what he likes in regards to the songwriting progress, but until they announce they are actually recording I will take it all with a grain of salt. I expect most Tool fans are of the same opinion at the moment.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:I think the newsletter is ambiguous. And to be honest I don't care where they are up to or how many breaks they do or don't take. Blair can say what he likes in regards to the songwriting progress, but until they announce they are actually recording I will take it all with a grain of salt. I expect most Tool fans are of the same opinion at the moment.
Agreed.

I'm a new tool fan so I don't know the answer to this, but was there ever a time where people actually cared what Blair said? Like his words actually carried weight? Since I've been a tool fan to the point of reading newsletters, they have all been completely pointless.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:I think the newsletter is ambiguous. And to be honest I don't care where they are up to or how many breaks they do or don't take. Blair can say what he likes in regards to the songwriting progress, but until they announce they are actually recording I will take it all with a grain of salt. I expect most Tool fans are of the same opinion at the moment.
Yeah, how can any "news" on album progress not be met with an eye-roll and a hearty, "whatever, let me know when you're recording" at this point? Not even in a harsh way I mean... take as long as you like (really don't though, it's been long enough quit dicking around, guys!). I've got other music to enjoy, just get on with it and let us know when there's a real development, yes?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Agreed.

I'm a new tool fan so I don't know the answer to this, but was there ever a time where people actually cared what Blair said? Like his words actually carried weight? Since I've been a tool fan to the point of reading newsletters, they have all been completely pointless.
The older ones were a lot better, in my mind. Not that I have issues with them now. I am a full-blown Blair Apologist. But the archives are worth sifting through. Plenty of interesting stuff in there.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^Yep.

Plus the Puscifer gang's social media has hinted/shown that they're doing something in the studio so May Jay isn't with Tool right now.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:^Yep.

Plus the Puscifer gang's social media has hinted/shown that they're doing something in the studio so May Jay isn't with Tool right now.
No surprise there.