Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
joeypants
Goderator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants »

I'd bet tons of money they would still record drums elsewhere at the very least.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

“Casual Fan”
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

tiresias wrote:The Blanket is back... http://shop.toolarmy.com/ProductDetails ... =CMBLANKET
Guess they want another one of those fancy shitters for the loft...
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

New Tool song leaked:

tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

hellboy wrote:New Tool song leaked:

Wow. Recorded in 7/8 no less...
“Casual Fan”
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I like that they went for funny instead of deception.

I loulzed
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Very tenuous link here, but AJ from Soundwave tweeting a question about Tool in Australia back in the 90s early today. Perhaps they're being lined up as the headliners for Soundwave 2016.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:Very tenuous link here, but AJ from Soundwave tweeting a question about Tool in Australia back in the 90s early today. Perhaps they're being lined up as the headliners for Soundwave 2016.

Possibly - considering a March/April 2016 release for the new album is possible/likely. And seeing as Soundwave is late February and all that........
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:
hellboy wrote:Very tenuous link here, but AJ from Soundwave tweeting a question about Tool in Australia back in the 90s early today. Perhaps they're being lined up as the headliners for Soundwave 2016.

Possibly - considering a March/April 2016 release for the new album is possible/likely. And seeing as Soundwave is late February and all that........
They moved it forward a month so it's now late January where the BDO used to be.

Despite the timing, the only way I see it happening is if Tool somehow do manage to have something out by years end. They'd want to pull their fingers out and get in the studio pretty shortly if this were to be the case though. Like you I also think March/April 2016 is the earliest we'd see it, but it'd be nice to be pleasantly surprised for a change!
Busty McCracken Jr

Post by Busty McCracken Jr »

hellboy wrote: Perhaps they're being lined up as the headliners for Soundwave 2016.
God I hope not... Enough with the festival shows already!!!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I'm of the belief tool has a lot more of this album done than they let on. With everything danny has said over the years, Justin mentioning it being the biggest project of their lives like 3 years ago. How could members of the band be talking that way when all they had done up to that point was jam in the loft...
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

[youtube][/youtube]

lol
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Holy mother of Gød.... I know some of you will think I'm full of shit on this because it's April Fools and all... but you'll be missing out...

So..... By mistake I started up two of the "New Tool Music Leak" vids together, but slightly offset, and it revealed a completely different track!

After I pulled my jaw off the ground, I tried (unsuccessfully) to recreate it for a couple of hours. Turns out there was another track ALSO playing that I hadn't even noticed.

THAT was the secret!!

If you want to share this little gem I stumbled upon, follow these specific steps:

In two different browser windows open up two of the "New Tool Music Leak" vids

Play the first one and at EXACTLY 0:18 seconds start the second

In a third, open this link at EXACTLY 0:31 seconds: http://rick.amigocraft.net

I don't want to influence your experience, but I am absolutely certain you will thank me for this.
Ki77aan :twisted:
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Naattik wrote:Holy mother of Gød.... I know some of you will think I'm full of shit on this because it's April Fools and all... but you'll be missing out...

So..... By mistake I started up two of the "New Tool Music Leak" vids together, but slightly offset, and it revealed a completely different track!

After I pulled my jaw off the ground, I tried (unsuccessfully) to recreate it for a couple of hours. Turns out there was another track ALSO playing that I hadn't even noticed.

THAT was the secret!!

If you want to share this little gem I stumbled upon, follow these specific steps:

In two different browser windows open up two of the "New Tool Music Leak" vids

Play the first one and at EXACTLY 0:18 seconds start the second

In a third, open this link at EXACTLY 0:31 seconds: http://rick.amigocraft.net

I don't want to influence your experience, but I am absolutely certain you will thank me for this.

Holy mother of GOD, Kittan!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I'm of the belief tool has a lot more of this album done than they let on. With everything danny has said over the years, Justin mentioning it being the biggest project of their lives like 3 years ago. How could members of the band be talking that way when all they had done up to that point was jam in the loft...

If what they say is true and the band has finished - to date - ONE song (!!!!!!) with a bunch of others still in early/middling stages....then what the fuck have they been doing in the loft all these years????

How can you possibly have ONE finished song after 5 years of writing new material?? That's gotta be a record right there. Even Ministry, right smack bang in the middle of their "crack whore, FBI drug bust, band members dying, messy divorces, band members leaving, band members threatening each other with a shot gun" days managed to put out (the very glorious) Filth Pig only four years after Psalm 69.

Sheesh.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Umm, how do I close my third eye? It's been open for quite some time now. Trying to get some sleep over here.

Kittan, I'm looking at you.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

This new album is just around the corner guys. I just know it. It'll be out in at least a decade!
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I'm of the belief tool has a lot more of this album done than they let on. With everything danny has said over the years, Justin mentioning it being the biggest project of their lives like 3 years ago. How could members of the band be talking that way when all they had done up to that point was jam in the loft...
I am also of this opinion, and have been for some time. However, I am also a sucker for the 'real' information we have been fed which would suggest what Cal and HB are suggesting an March/April 2016 release... In any case I have beer to get me through....
Be good to each other.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

lo7us wrote:Umm, how do I close my third eye? It's been open for quite some time now. Trying to get some sleep over here.

Damn, Lotus! I'm glad that helicopter didn't take you out man. Do you know the neighbor? Was anybody hurt?
Ki77aan :twisted:
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Naattik wrote:
lo7us wrote:Umm, how do I close my third eye? It's been open for quite some time now. Trying to get some sleep over here.

Damn, Lotus! I'm glad that helicopter didn't take you out man. Do you know the neighbor? Was anybody hurt?
The real question is... how freaking long does it take Lotus to dry off after a shower, grab a camera and take that photo! The fire trucks had already been there and left buy the time he was done. :lol:
Professor of Lesbian Science
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

So apparently the folks over at r/toolband thinks that this is a real leak, or a draft of some sort. I would have bought it if this was in the 90's when Maynard sort of sounded like this, very nasal, but he doesn't really sound like this now. It does however sound like the singer in Rishloo a bit. Not a leak if you ask me, you decide.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Naattik wrote:

It turns out that it was a meth lab and it blew up.

;)
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

basejumper wrote:
Naattik wrote:

The real question is... how freaking long does it take Lotus to dry off after a shower, grab a camera and take that photo! The fire trucks had already been there and left buy the time he was done. :lol:
LOL
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:So apparently the folks over at r/toolband thinks that this is a real leak, or a draft of some sort. I would have bought it if this was in the 90's when Maynard sort of sounded like this, very nasal, but he doesn't really sound like this now. It does however sound like the singer in Rishloo a bit. Not a leak if you ask me, you decide.
Some people will believe anything.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I believe you!
Hey! Denty!