Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
trilobite
Rhandy

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by trilobite »

I'm sorry for any pressure HB. I appreciate your dedication. This is 'the' Tool site. Has been for years. Here's the spot for top Tool news.

When things are finalized, hope you're the next to know.

No news is good news. Don't lose grip
also, Avatar!
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

I do have to say, after last month's newsletter hinting at some big reveals coming, it was pretty frustrating reading this new one, which is pretty much identical to the ones I was reading in 2011 and 2012.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

I thought the newsletter was the best one in years. No bullshit just sounds like he is legitimately trying to say what he can and be very clear about what he can't. Also anyone who has ever had a famous friend in a band or whatever their line of work is knows that when they come and see you for a visit the last thing they want is a shit ton of questions about work, they want to hang with their friend and get away from that. See Lynyrd Skynyrd for reference. Anyhow I loved it for what it was. Curveball done, album progressing so on so forth.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The newsletter picture was taken 3 days ago (7/24/2016) according to its details. Which is good news. This interview is actually recent. Last months newsletters photo wasn't even from last month..

I like the news. It wasnt coated in secrecy and littered with vague hints. The band is still writing music, some is done, some is close, and some is being sent to maynard. The curveball (which i believe to be a live DVD) turned out great. Hope that will be dropping prior to the album. I would imagine it would be, as a way to get people talking about Tool again after 10 years off so that they are ready to buy the new album when they release it.

As far as the thing danny said MIGHT happen after the album, i would assume its the Full Length Feature Film he was caught mentioning as he loaded groceries into his moped. However i find this to be unlikely to ever see the light of day.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I thought the curveball was already confirmed to be the Opiate video?
Don't mow your lawn
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

I believe someone said at one of the VIP sessions that Adam claimed they had 2 videos in production because they still owed their label 2 videos from the albums they've already released....Opiate was confirmed as one of them, and my guess would be that the other one is The Pot. Logic would tell me they'd release them together as a package, but who knows (if that's really even the case, of course).
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's been a very quiet summer for Tool, too quiet for even these guys. I've had the impression for the past couple months that they are really getting shit done right now. Maynard has been relatively quiet as well. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was working with the band right now. For me, no news is good news at this point.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

xZ1mM3r wrote:...as he loaded groceries into his moped.
Lol
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I thought the curveball was already confirmed to be the Opiate video?
Not sure about confirmed, but it was certainly very strongly hinted at by Danny in that Children of Saturn interview he did. When Zimmer says Live DVD, he could be assuming the video will be part of a Salival like package - there's no real indication that would be the case but I wouldn't discount it either.
aenimal wrote:I believe someone said at one of the VIP sessions that Adam claimed they had 2 videos in production because they still owed their label 2 videos from the albums they've already released....Opiate was confirmed as one of them, and my guess would be that the other one is The Pot. Logic would tell me they'd release them together as a package, but who knows (if that's really even the case, of course).
Maybe he did, but don't recall reading anything like that. The Opiate video has definitely been mentioned by Adam. The Pot video is often linked to that severed arm shot that came out years ago, but my suspicion is that the arm footage while possibly intended for The Pot has probably ended up on Opiate. All in all, I don't think there is any solid evidence to suggest 2 videos are coming.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I guess the "big reveal" is coming next newsletter then...????

Also, I assume that Adam and his missus AREN'T having another kid after all?????

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:I guess the "big reveal" is coming next newsletter then...????
I don't imagine anyone has any expectations this would be the case. The newsletter seems to be more about progress rather than "things are about to happen".
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Nope. The last newsletter, he talked about finally "revealing" something about the new album - something he'd been itching to tell us when the time was right.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

hellboy wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:I thought the curveball was already confirmed to be the Opiate video?
Not sure about confirmed, but it was certainly very strongly hinted at by Danny in that Children of Saturn interview he did. When Zimmer says Live DVD, he could be assuming the video will be part of a Salival like package - there's no real indication that would be the case but I wouldn't discount it either.
aenimal wrote:I believe someone said at one of the VIP sessions that Adam claimed they had 2 videos in production because they still owed their label 2 videos from the albums they've already released....Opiate was confirmed as one of them, and my guess would be that the other one is The Pot. Logic would tell me they'd release them together as a package, but who knows (if that's really even the case, of course).
Maybe he did, but don't recall reading anything like that. The Opiate video has definitely been mentioned by Adam. The Pot video is often linked to that severed arm shot that came out years ago, but my suspicion is that the arm footage while possibly intended for The Pot has probably ended up on Opiate. All in all, I don't think there is any solid evidence to suggest 2 videos are coming.
http://www.alternativenation.net/tool-p ... ic-videos/ .......it was originally on Reddit. I can't find the original thread, but this article contains the meat of what the person said Adam told them.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:Nope. The last newsletter, he talked about finally "revealing" something about the new album - something he'd been itching to tell us when the time was right.
Yeah, but he also said "maybe" and that it could be the month after that. I assume that most of us take Blair's maybe's as "don't hold your breath"?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

aenimal wrote:
http://www.alternativenation.net/tool-p ... ic-videos/ .......it was originally on Reddit. I can't find the original thread, but this article contains the meat of what the person said Adam told them.
Cool - I do remember reading that before, just don't remember the talk of two videos or the record label stuff.

It's weird though, I wouldn't have thought that videos were money making exercises anyway? Aren't they usually just as a promo for a single? Either way the record label is probably right in not wanting to shell out money for videos for old songs. If Tool want to indulge in that then they should fund it themselves. I guess the counter arguement is then that the label will want their cut from any DVD's sold with those videos on, but that's the game I guess.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Yeah, I've never heard of bands being contractually obligated to release a certain number of music videos before....and as far as the Opiate video, I wish they would've just waited til that was done and released the video (supposedly with the "new" version of the song) along with the Opiate 21st reissue as one package together. For what it actually was, I really didn't understand the point of that reissue.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I could imagine it being a thing in the MTV heyday when Tool originally signed their contract.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

aenimal wrote:Yeah, I've never heard of bands being contractually obligated to release a certain number of music videos before....and as far as the Opiate video, I wish they would've just waited til that was done and released the video (supposedly with the "new" version of the song) along with the Opiate 21st reissue as one package together. For what it actually was, I really didn't understand the point of that reissue.
I suspect that was the original plan was to have a video and re-recorded version of Opiate for that release, but it didn't get done in time. They probably should have just waited for the 25th Anniversary (maybe they will)!
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

I also enjoyed this little blurb from the Volcano Entertainment wikipedia page - With Weird Al fulfilling his Sony contract on their main label RCA, for his 2014 album Mandatory Fun, this leaves Volcano functioning as primarily a reissue label (though many lower selling releases were taken out of print in 2009) and the home of only Tool. However, depending on how long it takes the band to finish new music, it is likely Volcano may not even exist if and when it is released.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Calfium Jay wrote:Nope. The last newsletter, he talked about finally "revealing" something about the new album - something he'd been itching to tell us when the time was right.
That newsletter was pretty damn revealing (by blair & tools standards in this most recent decade anyway) so sadly wouldn't be surprised if this was the big reveal.
Listen to All Them Witches
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

He didn't say anything in that newsletter that he hasn't said before. I could swear even the May Jay is receiving the finished music part has been said.
Hey! Denty!
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-29/i ... ys/7671210 - the Internet is 10,000 days old today :o
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That's really not Random Tool Social Media thread...
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That's actually what she said.
Don't mow your lawn