Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson »

All in all good for South America, I don't think Tool have toured there much.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

With Korin due any day now, there's no chance Tool will be hitting the studio in Dec or January. If this tour goes ahead the earliest I see them recording is April/May, which would mean a very late 2014 release. From the sounds of things in Maynards recent interviews, it appears like there's still some way to go in songwriting anyway.

As Tyson points out though, it is great news for Mexico. As much as I'd love to see them record earlier, I also take some consolation in that a much neglected part of the world will be able to get a bit of live action.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:With Korin due any day now, there's no chance Tool will be hitting the studio in Dec or January. If this tour goes ahead the earliest I see them recording is April/May, which would mean a very late 2014 release. From the sounds of things in Maynards recent interviews, it appears like there's still some way to go in songwriting anyway.

As Tyson points out though, it is great news for Mexico. As much as I'd love to see them record earlier, I also take some consolation in that a much neglected part of the world will be able to get a bit of live action.
what security are they going to have for a bunch of millionaire rockstars in Mexico? the cartels are kidnapping and cutting peoples heads off there like it's going out of style. maybe they can contract Blackwater. I'd be shocked if they go there
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Ravenpig wrote:So you're saying there's a chance...
Lol
also, Avatar!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
hellboy wrote:With Korin due any day now, there's no chance Tool will be hitting the studio in Dec or January. If this tour goes ahead the earliest I see them recording is April/May, which would mean a very late 2014 release. From the sounds of things in Maynards recent interviews, it appears like there's still some way to go in songwriting anyway.

what security are they going to have for a bunch of millionaire rockstars in Mexico? the cartels are kidnapping and cutting peoples heads off there like it's going out of style. maybe they can contract Blackwater. I'd be shocked if they go there
^ Same thing came to mind. Obviously the money must be right. I am sure Maynard will have his usual compliment of Brazilian Ju-Jitsu body guards. No one recognizes Justin half the time. Your average Tool fan couldn't pick him out in a crowd so he is safe. Adam already looks like a zombie on stage so they might just pass him by. DC of course would be safe. Even the criminals acknowledge genius when they see it.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

My guess: they are aiming to finish writing by March, tour for a bit, hit the studio for a winter 2014 release.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:All in all good for South America, I don't think Tool have toured there much.
North America broseph.
Ki77aan :twisted:
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

The album has been recorded for years, it will never be released. Why would they at this point?
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

BellJH wrote:My guess: they are aiming to finish writing by March, tour for a bit, hit the studio for a winter 2014 release.
^ If that is the case Tool have become even more pathetic than they already are, which I didn't think was possible.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

There is no spoon
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:

The shit in Mexico is concentrated more to the center and closer to the U. S. border. The more touristy/closer to the ocean areas are generally uninvolved in all that.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's on toolband now, it's official.

edit: Even without Tool, this looks like a pretty interesting festival.

http://cumbretajin.com/clip14eng/
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:

The shit in Mexico is concentrated more to the center and closer to the U. S. border. The more touristy/closer to the ocean areas are generally uninvolved in all that.
"According to the Mexican government, from January through September 2011 2,276 deaths were recorded in the Mexican state of Chihuahua, which borders Texas and New Mexico.

A Nov. 2011 Congressional Research Service (CRS) report states that over nearly the same period – January through October 2011 – 2,177 civilians were killed in Afghanistan, where a U.S.-led war against the Taliban is underway. It did not provide a breakdown of responsibility for that period, but said that in 2010, 75 percent of civilian deaths were attributed to the Taliban and other “anti-government elements.”

^yeah, no thanks.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I'll be happy with an Undertow reissue in March, a "curveball" release in June and a new album in October.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:I'll be happy with an Undertow reissue in March, a "curveball" release in June and a new album in October.
2016?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I still think we start this cult, kidnap all 4 members and force them to finish this album. ever see "King Of Comedy"? lol there's gotta be a Sandra Bernhard chick lurking on this forum crazy enough to help us...either that or we put Cheese in drag...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:either that or we put Cheese in drag
Put him in drag? I don't understand... oh, you thought he wasn't already....
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I believe lyrics+music are coming close to the final stages. They could get it all finalized and recorded by summer, in time for fall/ winter. That's my vote for this coming year.

Still interested in the curveball somewhat, since it's being called a 'tool project.

Tho, bmb recently said the correct mlb analogy may be better put as 'change up' than curveball.. Which only adds to the confusion lol
also, Avatar!
Ascension5
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Ascension5 »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:I still think we start this cult, kidnap all 4 members and force them to finish this album. ever see "King Of Comedy"? lol there's gotta be a Sandra Bernhard chick lurking on this forum crazy enough to help us...either that or we put Cheese in drag...
Well, there was that one woman a couple months ago who seemed to fit the bill, but she left after about a week of heckling...I guess we'll just have to wait for the right bait accomplice.
"Breathe in Union--so, as One, survive." - Jambi, Tool

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
7. 22. 2011 - A Perfect Circle
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
11. 5. 2013 - Nine Inch Nails
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ascension5 wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:I still think we start this cult, kidnap all 4 members and force them to finish this album. ever see "King Of Comedy"? lol there's gotta be a Sandra Bernhard chick lurking on this forum crazy enough to help us...either that or we put Cheese in drag...
Well, there was that one woman a couple months ago who seemed to fit the bill, but she left after about a week of heckling...I guess we'll just have to wait for the right bait accomplice.
I must have missed that. I enjoy the female opinion on Tool. I found out last Friday one of my female co-workers is a huge fan, she went into a monologue about the music and Maynard's lyrics, and we've worked together for 7 years. it was a beautiful thing. I definitely see her in a different light lol. that's corny but whatever. I also date someone who "get's" the band, so I'm a lucky fuck I have her to drag to shows.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:
Shocker!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

ilikecheese wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
Check me out:

It's a good look on you!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Awww...sorry about that.
Get well soon mi amigo!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

trilobite wrote:I believe lyrics+music are coming close to the final stages. They could get it all finalized and recorded by summer......
As in the dark as we are about it, I'd say this is the most likely current scenario. Lyrics are being written as each section is finalised and handed over. Hopefully they get together by March and work out the dynamics of how the music/lyrics work in unison.
Still interested in the curveball somewhat, since it's being called a 'tool project.
They can hardly get it together to release 10 or 11 songs in an album format in less than an eight year period- I'd forget about any "curveballs" happening in the near future unless this supposed "curveball" has something to do with Justin having a shave....

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Ascension5 wrote:
I must have missed that. I enjoy the female opinion on Tool. I found out last Friday one of my female co-workers is a huge fan, she went into a monologue about the music and Maynard's lyrics, and we've worked together for 7 years. it was a beautiful thing. I definitely see her in a different light lol. that's corny but whatever. I also date someone who "get's" the band, so I'm a lucky fuck I have her to drag to shows.
Yeah, it's always nice to see. But unfortunately I've found 90% of the females 'into' tool are pretty much just 'obsessed' with MJK, n worship his ass even more than children..
also, Avatar!