Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
trilobite
Rhandy

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by trilobite »

My nuts are bald, can I contribute anything?
also, Avatar!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Don't know what i expect you to look like Hellboy but balding certainly isn't something that I wasn't expecting.

And trilobite unless you wish to just cause further delays best just keep ya bald nutsack out of it
Listen to All Them Witches
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I’m bald as a mofo too. Both heads.
Ki77aan :twisted:
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Rude.
also, Avatar!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I've been a skinhead for at least 7 years now, it's just lucky I look like an albino Dwayne Johnson, except with a beer gut and not resembling Dwayne Johnson at all.

Also someone mentioned earlier about digital release of the new album, my understanding is that won't happen, their contract is old as bald balls, they'd have to renegotiate their record contract with a now defunct record label subsidiary and their new owners, which would mean bringing in the lawyers and delaying the album a further six years or so.
Canned audience laughter
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Just had a fight with my bald dad ,it seems he had a hand in all this tool delay .

maynard said that he’s been begging for new music from the other guys for years ,that settles it.
I always thought maynard was at fault but it turns out a/j/d are a lazy.

Anyway ,the date is near! At last some good music to look forward to .if u think about the shear number of rock/alt/metal albums that dropped in the 90’s its mind blowong.the 201* r the worse decade in music imo ,i enjoy the new fluffy hits for a day or 2 but they’re too damn forgettable.
I forgot my pen
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ever since I started going bald, I've taken up smoking.

Weird.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

So we can all admit its baldness that has caused the delay.. I'm glad thats all been settled now once and for all.

I started getting a receeding hair line on my forehead, took me 12 months of sunburn denial til I finally started putting sunscreen on those top corners and prevented small patches of sunburn.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Also someone mentioned earlier about digital release of the new album, my understanding is that won't happen, their contract is old as bald balls, they'd have to renegotiate their record contract with a now defunct record label subsidiary and their new owners, which would mean bringing in the lawyers and delaying the album a further six years or so.
Maybe, I suspect that there's a difference between a digital release where you can download FLACs or whatever from a website, and licensing them for streaming on Apple Music, Spotify, etc. I think we'll at least see the first option, not so sure about the second.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I would actually argue it might be the other way around, because streaming involves licensing music there might be language in their contract already dealing with that. I don't know a lot about streaming deals, but I would think it would be similar to the licensing deals stores make so they can play music while people shop. So they might be able to negotiate something within their existing contract.

Whereas I think digital sales might be more complex because of how the music is broken up. You couldn't buy individual songs when Tool first signed their contract so there's probably no language dealing with how that would work.

Though I get the feeling that Tool just might not be all that interested in streaming so you're probably right about Tool showing up in digital marketplaces before appearing on streaming services.
Don't mow your lawn
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

honestly this BULLSHIT has Ed Kowalczyk written all over it.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Maynard is on record as pushing hard for streaming/digital releases. I could see them doing a staggered release like some other bigger artists where it doesn't hit streaming on day 1.

But it would be somewhat foolish to not combine the new record with a release of their catalog on streaming services, and I'd put a lot of money on them doing just that. Then again... haha
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Hasn’t Adam stayed at VIP events that they are trying to release everything digitally I’m commection with the new album? It would seem dumb to finally not do that. It’s certainly where the industry is.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I hope they go digital. I am beyond giving a shit about the album artwork. After 12 years (and what will likely end up being 13...album ain't coming out this year kids...)...I just want to hear new fucking music from Tool. And let's be real folks, when this fucking thing finally is out, it will be the last album Tool ever releases. These guys won't release another album in their 70s. This is it. The only question at this point is whether or not it will have been worth waiting 13 years for it. Given how positive the feedback has been from the people who have heard it recently (Bach, Morello, etc)...I am cautiously optimistic.

#FuckAPC2018
#FuckAPC2018
#FuckAPC2018
#FuckDonaldTrump
#FucktheGOP
#FucktheNRA

K im good now. Bring on the tunes.
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I want the digital for convenience, but I'm really hoping they go Day 1 Vinyl release on this, with the insanely creative and amazing vinyl artwork we all know they are capable of. THAT would truly be madness if they don't finally dive headfirst into an extensive vinyl package.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:I want the digital for convenience, but I'm really hoping they go Day 1 Vinyl release on this, with the insanely creative and amazing vinyl artwork we all know they are capable of. THAT would truly be madness if they don't finally dive headfirst into an extensive vinyl package.
Yeah they can sign it and charge $200 bucks a pop for it... :lol: :lol:

I am teasing I would imagine they are gonna go full force balls to the walls and release on all platforms, all media types, etc. They know how long people have been waiting for a new Tool album, they know there is a shit load of money to be made...it's gonna be all over the place.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:I want the digital for convenience, but I'm really hoping they go Day 1 Vinyl release on this, with the insanely creative and amazing vinyl artwork we all know they are capable of. THAT would truly be madness if they don't finally dive headfirst into an extensive vinyl package.
Question for you, do you want to see more Alex Grey or someone else doing the artwork this time around? From the tweets last year I have a feeling it's gonna be Grey again, which I kinda wish wasn't the case. As I said above I really don't care much about the album art at this point, but obviously it is going to be a thing knowing Adam, and I kinda hope it's not Grey. I like Grey, but they have done that now twice...someone completely new would be interesting
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

We'll see plenty of formats. There's no way the record label is going to let Tool just upload it to mega.co.nz or something - they will be wanting to milk what could be their final release from the band for all it's worth.

I think we'll see Vinyl and limited editions in the presales, in a similar vein to how APC have packaged their recent album. I don't necessarily expect that vinyl will be available on Day 1 though - but that's more of a manufacturing issue than anything else. I don't think the band would delay the album by potentially months just so Vinyl is available day 1.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Despite being in my mid 30's, I didn't really start using the interwebz until around 2009 so this will be the first Tool release for me that will inevitably leak & have access to prior to physical release date. It's such a big thing to flick through the artwork of the album for Tool more than any other band for me on first listen so is going to be either A: incredibly hard to wait for the actual release date (very unlikely I reckon) so option B: listen to the leaked album without having the artwork to digest at the same time.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:I'm kinda like the 6th member of APC, due mostly to male pattern baldness
Kittaan wrote:I’m bald as a mofo too. Both heads.
Calfium Jay wrote:Ever since I started going bald,
tys0n wrote:I've been a skinhead for at least 7 years now, it's just lucky I look like an albino Dwayne Johnson, except with a beer gut and not resembling Dwayne Johnson at all.
trilobite wrote:My nuts are bald, can I contribute anything?
OK now I'm confused... all this talk about baldness but your avatars dont match up... I thought all you guys used your real faces for avatars.

Professor of Lesbian Science
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

If we're being honest - I'm bald, white, and my name is not Bill.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If we're being totally honest, I have gorgeous lush beautiful hair, am Latina and my name actually is UndKeineZwEier. (Having to legally change it after Fourtheye changed hosting services or servers or whatever a few years back was a real pain in the ass)
Don't mow your lawn
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

rinkwhopper wrote:honestly this BULLSHIT has Ed Kowalczyk written all over it.
Don't forget about Michael Stipe. He is clearly a huge influence on Billy and Maynard.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You guys need a painkiller if you don't know who the real culprit is.
M0G wrote:I am beyond giving a shit about the album artwork.
What a stupid fucking opinion.
Canned audience laughter
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

basejumper wrote:OK now I'm confused... all this talk about baldness but your avatars dont match up... I thought all you guys used your real faces for avatars.
Well I do at least
also, Avatar!