What are you PLAYING?

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: What are you PLAYING?

Post by M0G »

Been playing Rage 2 and I love it. Took a little while to get going and the missions are a little repetitive but fuck me the combat and movement is fantastic.

Oh and Massive did their Division 2 State of the Game today and spent 30 mins talking about NPC behavior. I know this might sound crazy but that time could have been better spent uh, I dunno, maybe talking about how they plan on fixing the loot system, skills and build diversity. Actual specific details. Not oh that is coming in update 4.0. I mean I know it is crazy to think a developer would spend time talking about the shit the community actually cares about.

For a game that started off so remarkably well wow is it taking a nose dive. Making the same mistakes they made in Division 1 and not listening to the community. Fucking devs need to start pulling their heads out of their asses and realize they need to put their ego to the side and design the game based around what the community wants, even if that is not the design direction they wanted to go in. Bungie does this shit. We are listening. No you are not. I will give Bungie credit at least their core systems are fairly consistent. They are not trying to reinvent the wheel with every update. Fuck I haven't played Destiny is almost 8 months but with Anthem tanking and Division 2 going off the rails a part of me wants to jump back in. I just can't bring myself to get back into that grind, particularly when I know Borderlands 3 is out in September.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Been playing Satisfactory and Graveyard Keeper recently - both are pretty fun games, though Graveyard Keeper is a bit tedious at times.

Keen to check out Void Bastards in the near future:

earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Satisfactory worth a download HB?
Deftones!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's an online game, in Early Access at the moment, and while I'm enjoying it so far, I think there's a good case to be made for holding off until a full release.

As it stands at the moment there's only the bare minimum of a plot, so if that's something you need then hold off. The focus is very much on building though, if you're expecting a story driven game and killing bad guys then look elsewhere. As with many of these types of building/open games, the fun is what you make it, rather then being lead by the nose. And even though it seems a bit open worldy from the trailers, it's certainly not an open world. There's exploring is pretty light on at the moment (perhaps there will be more in future updates) but there's not much to do other than build.

I tried Void Bastards last night - that was pretty cool but not super compelling, need to spend more time with it though.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Civilization 6 on the switch. Playing as Australia is quite tough I've found but early aggression seems to be winning at the moment.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The key to winning using the Australian Civ is to become a religious fascist state
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:27 pm The key to winning using the Australian Civ is to become a religious fascist state
My preferred method of course. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Last three games I really played have been a while ago (Tomb Raider, Hollow Knight and Rise of the Tomb Raider) but now started Metro Exodus and I really like it. The stealth style is really suiting me.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Been digging Snowrunner lately, probably my favorite of 2020 so far, though Deep Rock Galaxy ain't far behind
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen yesterday, should keep me amused until Cyberpunk.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

On the playlist lately:
  • Snowrunner - still enjoying this one
  • No Man's Sky - now that it's on Xbox Games Pass, it's nice to revisit this one on the couch
  • Hardspace - Strikebreaker - interesting space ship dismantling "sim"
Keen to check out Desperados 3 in the near future too
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Not playing but reading reddit about the last of Us pt2. What a dramafest.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I have a belief that the majority of complaints in regards to that have no intention of playing the game.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Social media game reviews are so toxic, I have no idea why anyone would bother reading them
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

It all boils down to
► Show Spoiler

On a much better note: finished Metro Exodus. Very good game. Enjoyed the adventure a lot.
Last edited by hellboy on Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spoiler tag
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:39 pm Started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen yesterday, should keep me amused until Cyberpunk.
Ready to dump this due to lack of fast travel, it's getting really fucking tedious now.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Playing boardgames lately
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

UPDATE

Hitman 1 & 2 - Fan fucking tastic, probably my favourite game of the current generation (except for the sniper levels in 2)

Yakuza 1 _ Probably my fault for starting with 1 when everyone said start with 0, I enjoyed the 20 hours I spent but it got too tedious and the weird mini games and side quests did my head in, the mechanics are a generation behind, oh well

Tales of Vesperia - I've been thinking about this game a lot and the 15 hours I spent, nay wasted. The more I think the more angry I get and I'm not one to rise to anger. While the art style is to be commended, the frustrating gameplay and constant story telling just brings the game down, but the biggest downfall is the attacking system, instead of a turn based game I thought it would be it was some weird mash up of live action while your team did what ever the fuck they want. Also the fucking story, the story, this game was made for manchildren and that's from a manchild, fuck this game.

Watch Dogs - Spent a few hours today playing this, seems cool, a GTA clone but with hacking, might keep my interest for awhile.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I didn't mind Yakuza, but didn't quite find it compelling enough to go too far. It's an interesting setting and style of open world game

What Watch Dogs did you play? The original? I found WD2 to be pretty good, but haven't tried the latest

Really been enjoying getting back into Subnautica lately.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The original, I got it with Games with Gold a few months ago.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Rogue Trader Roleplaying Game. As the Gamemaster.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Just picked up my Xbox Series X, after the $200 deposit and trade in they only charged me $164, so in total it cost $364.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Iggy won.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Taking a breather from rdr2 I played Hollowknight today, fuck me, what a game.

I always forget how enjoyable a simple platformer can be.

Except for Will of the Wisp, I dropped that shit at that rise to the top level, get fucked.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Hollow Knight managed to enter my all-time top 10. A marvelous game indeed! Have fun!

It is challenging, yet not impossible.