Sports Thread

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Sports Thread

Post by Kittaan »

@ BlackHole83 - So have you seen Dante play at all? Is he the shit?

For somebody to be projected in the top 5 of an NBA draft, especially a strong draft like this year will be, you expect great things. Franchise building players.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy wrote:I presume he plays in a sport no one actually give a fuck about?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

BlackHole83 wrote:Unfortunately basketball is not on most Aussie sports fans minds. Thank god for espn and the internet, I would go crazy out here if I didn't have any ESPN. But yeah AFL, Rugby, cricket, netball?!?!? Are the top sports here. Toss in some tennis and golf. On a good note MMA is on the rise here. Big diff from NFL MLB NBA NHL. But they are passionate about their sports so it's all good.
Badminton, anyone?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Kittaan wrote:@ BlackHole83 - So have you seen Dante play at all? Is he the shit?

For somebody to be projected in the top 5 of an NBA draft, especially a strong draft like this year will be, you expect great things. Franchise building players.
Not sure man. To be honest I've never even heard of the kid, and I'm not a fan of the Aussie basketball league. But if he is projected top 5 I am sure he can ball. There are many American expats on the east coast who have kids here and then they go to the states for sports scholarships. There isn't any big time money in Aussie sports (which I agree with) so playing stateside is def more desirable.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Yeah, that's the case with this kid. His dad was a pro who played in Oz and decided to stay. Looking forward to this draft, there are so many potential difference makers. Will be interesting.

Thanks.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Really, unless AFL or Cricket is your thing there isn't big money to be made in Australia in sport. Even then the wages don't compare to sports overseas (though really, once you're earning a million or so a year, the extra millions don't make that huge a difference to your life).
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

^^ haha. I got Denver all the way. but if it's close and THIS guy has time to work...damn. here's Lynch doing his best Jim Brown impression.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I'm liking the Seahawks D, and hoping Peyton chokes, but really I just fuckin hate the broncos. Lynch will have a beastly game and Coach Carroll will have a Super Bowl. I just wished I could watch the game and all the proper Super Bowl commercials. It's blasphemy I have to watch bunnings ads. Anyone know where I can get a live feed of game and commercials?
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I'm pretty sure the game will be streamed online via Fox's on demand channel (fox go?) ill look into it some more. I work for the local fox affiliate in my region so i will be getting paid to watch the game this sunday... only down side is i wont be able to drink beer.

Edit: Fox Sports will offer a straightforward, live simulcast of the televised game feed through its Fox Sports Go mobile application.

I'm sure there will be a live stream somewhere.

You could probably sign up for a free month of Aero and watch the new york feed.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

BlackHole83 wrote:I'm liking the Seahawks D, and hoping Peyton chokes, but really I just fuckin hate the broncos. Lynch will have a beastly game and Coach Carroll will have a Super Bowl. I just wished I could watch the game and all the proper Super Bowl commercials. It's blasphemy I have to watch bunnings ads. Anyone know where I can get a live feed of game and commercials?
I'm sure there are a fair amount of 3rd party sites out there that'll show the game from a US feed, commercials and all.

Oh, and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Seahawks!
I like to poop naked.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Seattle - 42
Denver - 0
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Peyton not throwing a TD is HIGHLY unlikely. I predict more of a 20-17 grudge match. Either way should be highly entertaining.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

HAHAHA! Sports fans!

Professor of Lesbian Science
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

48 degrees for Jersey in February? maybe ESPN will shut the fuck up now. meanwhile in San Francisco it's about 8 degrees warmer.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
48 degrees for Jersey in February? maybe ESPN will shut the fuck up now. meanwhile in San Francisco it's about 8 degrees warmer.
Agreed. ESPN has had a boner for months now hoping there would be a blizzard today so they could talk about that non-stop. Not that they already haven't beaten that horse to death anyway.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

espn beats every horse to death and beyond
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

I'm so ready for the AFL season to start I can't wait. I have been playing the AFL game on ps2 a lot, go dees!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

6 points short off winning $1000 off a $10 bet on the superbowl.

Damn it.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

ilikecheese wrote:espn beats every horse to death and beyond
Seems like the Seahawks do the same
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

I have never watched a full NFL game, I don't understand it haha. I'll stick to aussie sports
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

TheBirdman wrote:I don't understand it
It's not that complicated (the basics at least). It's just not that interesting either.

Sure as hell beats Hockney though! Just ask Cheese, he'll tell ya.
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

Kittaan wrote:
TheBirdman wrote:I don't understand it
It's not that complicated (the basics at least). It's just not that interesting either.

Sure as hell beats Hockney though! Just ask Cheese, he'll tell ya.
The Games seem to go on forever! I'll probably end up learning it someday, I have never really watched hockey either, it's not one of the most popular sports in aus. I mainly watch AFL, Rugby and Cricket and occasionally soccer.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Not Tyson wrote:Seattle - 42
Denver - 0
Probably wasn't a serious prediction, but either way gotta give you props for this. I though Seattle was gonna win too but not like they did.

That was a complete ass whipping.
Hey! Denty!