Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

Mog,

Glad to see you back on the boards. Don't let Tool give you another nervous breakdown.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote:Mog,

Glad to see you back on the boards. Don't let Tool give you another nervous breakdown.
Ty and good to see you as well. Enjoying the conversation
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:Most of you seem to be forgetting that the only comment about music being "done" was in a very, very positive light all around especially with regards to Maynard. "...lyrics coming in hot" is not "we're done now it's all on him!" unless you just want to think about it that way.

Maynard's being Maynard. This is nothing new. He's shown tons of positivity in the process recently (see: last Joe Rogan appearance). I would take the things he says on fucking TWITTER, i.e. the ultimate cesspool of humanity, with less weight than something he said on that podcast, or any other avenue where you're not being exposed to the worst humans have to offer second by second.
Adam said...Music done.....That is about as clear as you can get. Right now it is on Maynard as to when things get done. I am not trying to shit on the guy, nor am I completely dismissing what is a fairly obvious point that Ravenpig made, which is that Maynard did indeed wait a very long time for new music, and as such, his Tool bandmates are going to have to extend the courtesy. My point is that it would be nice to see some genuine positivity from him about Tool. Particularly now, when we (the fans) actually do have something to be positive about. As I have said a couple of times now, new APC really means very little to many of us. To be entirely honest for me it is just another roadblock at this point that hopefully will clear up as soon as possible.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

M0G wrote:I wave the white flag. Hearing that little snippet of Tool had me reaching for my wallet, a box of tissues and a bottle of lotion. Them Tool fellas still have it. Now excuse me while I go clean up.

Oh and hello everyone. It's been awhile.
Ayyy, glad to hear it.

I'm curious, did Descending not have any effect on you? I thought Descending was great, especially when Maynard was singing on top of it, but the snippet didn't do much for me.

Also, if you wanna hear some positivity from Maynard (though probably not as much as we would all like) check out his recent interview with Joe Rogan. You can probably find a fifteen minute clip of his Tool comments on youtube.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

M0G wrote:
Adam said...Music done.....That is about as clear as you can get. Right now it is on Maynard as to when things get done. I am not trying to shit on the guy, nor am I completely dismissing what is a fairly obvious point that Ravenpig made, which is that Maynard did indeed wait a very long time for new music, and as such, his Tool bandmates are going to have to extend the courtesy. My point is that it would be nice to see some genuine positivity from him about Tool. Particularly now, when we (the fans) actually do have something to be positive about. As I have said a couple of times now, new APC really means very little to many of us. To be entirely honest for me it is just another roadblock at this point that hopefully will clear up as soon as possible.
And all this time you believed that Adam would never say the music is done. You argued that Tool was just lying to its fan base and would never release new music. Now it's Maynard's fault? All I am saying is, give Maynard a break. He's holding his cards close to his chest for good reason. We have some good news, finally. If all things go well, we should have a new Tool record NLT May 2019. Breath.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

gamebounty wrote:
M0G wrote:I wave the white flag. Hearing that little snippet of Tool had me reaching for my wallet, a box of tissues and a bottle of lotion. Them Tool fellas still have it. Now excuse me while I go clean up.

Oh and hello everyone. It's been awhile.
Ayyy, glad to hear it.

I'm curious, did Descending not have any effect on you? I thought Descending was great, especially when Maynard was singing on top of it, but the snippet didn't do much for me.

Also, if you wanna hear some positivity from Maynard (though probably not as much as we would all like) check out his recent interview with Joe Rogan. You can probably find a fifteen minute clip of his Tool comments on youtube.
Descending is very very very good. This snippet that just came out sounds really good, especially Danny with that double bass. I did see the Rogan clip. Same Maynard as always. I am just not a big fan. I have a great deal of respect for him as a musician/vocalist, just not a big fan of the guy as a person.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote:
M0G wrote:
And all this time you believed that Adam would never say the music is done. You argued that Tool was just lying to its fan base and would never release new music. Now it's Maynard's fault? All I am saying is, give Maynard a break. He's holding his cards close to his chest for good reason. We have some good news, finally. If all things go well, we should have a new Tool record NLT May 2019. Breath.
All this time and you never figured me out. I am fine dude. I am enjoying the conversation. I am not raging or plucking strings or stirring the pot. Just musings about Tool related stuff on a Tool forum. Something I was often reminded of over the years ;)

I always knew eventually music would get done, but fucking with people about it was more fun. Now I am sort of past the point of fucking with people and over my annoyance with Tool. I suppose a full year of Trump in office has put my priorities in order in terms of what issues I choose to rage about. I will never understand why Tool do what they do. Their process is foreign to me when it comes to how I approach work. But it is what it is. So bring on the tunes.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I must be the only person on here who wasnt overly impressed by descending. It sounded decent enough live and im sure that in the context of the whole song I'll love it but just as a standalone jam there was nothing extraordinary about it to me.

And considering Maynard sung a song 20+ years ago about his disdain for some tool fans his persona online towards people asking him questions shouldnt be a surprise. I do get what ya saying though, would it hurt to be a little bit more sympathetic to the people who support your art. I'm sure when its apc or especially puscifer related hes alot nicer about the subject.
Listen to All Them Witches
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I understand its been said the music is done. But if MJK still has to finish vocals, then the music isnt complety done, as his finishing section changes things around some, right? Thats been a clearly stated process in the past.

Im all for tool in 2019. No reason to force the baby out at this point. Or point any fingers.
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:I must be the only person on here who wasnt overly impressed by descending.
Nah, you're not. I've spoken to many people who think it's a little bland. I include myself among these ranks.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:I wouldn't have much positive to tweet either if the other 3 basically are announcing they are done with the music, minus vocals, to the world. Then they bring some dudes into the loft and play them their finished music, minus vocals. Then 15 seconds of new music, minus vocals, is leaked onto the internet. I would be pretty annoyed if I was waiting for new music from my band mates for 7+ years. Then when they finally finish, they announce to the world that the music is done, minus vocals. Dick move. Not to mention he's right in the middle of a new APC record. One thing I have noticed regarding his social media responses is that there is an underlying optimism in his wording. I just wish he wouldn't get so bent out of shape with the constant idiotic barrage of comments/questions regarding NEWTOOLIN2018BROH! It's funny, but unnecessary.
As a reply of sorts to this, and in defense of the other three, it's got to be pretty hard to work with an artist who lives in a different state, and doesn't appear to hang with the band on a regular basis. We've all read about their various complaints about the songwriting, and no doubt this "method" is a result of their collective workings over the last 20 years. Maynard is not blameless in regards to this.

FWIW though, I don't really like the way any of the members are handling this via social media.

You've got a website - use it.
There are countless journalists who'd be happy to speak/write about you - use them.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote:In fairness Tool fans are a total pain in the arse so id probably be the same if I was him.

Yeah, but they're much less of a pain than fans of Failure or that awful Porcupine Tree thingy.

Oh wait....

:|
A hearty Fock You CJ, you pompous, opinionated sack o’ shite. (Takes one to know one!)

Yo Mogret, nice to see you back.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote: As a reply of sorts to this, and in defense of the other three, it's got to be pretty hard to work with an artist who lives in a different state, and doesn't appear to hang with the band on a regular basis. We've all read about their various complaints about the songwriting, and no doubt this "method" is a result of their collective workings over the last 20 years. Maynard is not blameless in regards to this.

FWIW though, I don't really like the way any of the members are handling this via social media.

You've got a website - use it.
There are countless journalists who'd be happy to speak/write about you - use them.
I agree with you that all of them are to blame for this mess. They are a volatile band, and we can only hope that the chaos creates some more great music. I was merely pointing out that we can't just direct the blame on Maynard two weeks after the rest of the band announced that the music is finally done. Maybe my conspiracy theory is way off base, but answer me this: With how much the band, and especially Maynard, are for quality control and against recordings at shows - What do you think Maynard's thoughts were on that 15 sec clip that made it online?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Some good points Hellboy and as i mentioned earlier I hope Maynards heart is still in it as the attitude he portrays sure doesnt seem that way.

Seeing puscifer 12 months ago whos last 2 albums I actually dig the shit out of , it is so abundantly clear that that is his baby and primary musical passion.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Remember ToolArmy? Now would be a good time to make some of these videos and updates exclusive to their fanclub who they steal $50 from every year.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Busty McCracken wrote:Some good points Hellboy and as i mentioned earlier I hope Maynards heart is still in it as the attitude he portrays sure doesnt seem that way.

Seeing puscifer 12 months ago whos last 2 albums I actually dig the shit out of , it is so abundantly clear that that is his baby and primary musical passion.
I'm with you, I really enjoyed the last 2 Puscifer albums - but I bet he still gets his dick hard when he hears a new Tool instrumental.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Who gives a fuck about all the drama, new Tool within a year or so!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Kittaan Harrington - Love you too

@Bill Hilly - Don't think Maynard gave two shits about that 15 second Tool rehearsal leak. Now if it was APC or Puscifer, he would be screaming lawsuit

@Hellboy - Good post. Agree completely this social media phone tag amongst a group of 50 year old supposed professionals is ridiculous
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

tys0n wrote:Who gives a fuck about all the drama, new Tool within a year or so!
I’m Kittaan, and I approved Tyson’s message. HB, head’s up.

@Tyson - speaking of giant sacks o’ shite, I’ve really missed you. Please behave. Or not. Kisses to Crow.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Shit fucking yeah, ask and he shall recieve! I eagerly await the shenanigans that are bound to ensue.

If that really is Tyson firstly welcome back, secondly what a time to be alive. New tunes allegedly finished , Tyson back on board (for now) AND Mog at peace (for now) with Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm ok with Tyson coming back. He knows what the expectations are.

Good to see some constructive Tool discussions after months (years) of not much to work with.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote:@Kittaan Harrington - Love you too

@Bill Hilly - Don't think Maynard gave two shits about that 15 second Tool rehearsal leak. Now if it was APC or Puscifer, he would be screaming lawsuit

@Hellboy - Good post. Agree completely this social media phone tag amongst a group of 50 year old supposed professionals is ridiculous

I think I preferred it when you were being an ass.....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Maynard is fine, same as he's been for a long, long time (and well before 10K Days). Same with rest of the band. Nothing but positive things are happening, there's just a lot of tea-leaf reading going on. Which I get, even if I've long since given that practice up (and I highly recommend that road, it's much more enjoyable! ha).

Music is done. Maynard is working on lyrics, and for a project he's still very much respectful of and enthused about. His interactions with morons (I'm generalizing) on Twitter is not a good barometer. Nothing good comes from Twitter anymore. Ever. It is a digi-human swamp. Life is better the less Twitter you have in your life, and I have yet to see anyone able to refute this unassailable truth.

We're all going to have a new Tool record (reasonably) soon. Rejoice.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote:Who gives a fuck about all the drama, new Tool within a year or so!
Nice to see you around again. Hope the years have treated you well.
Calfium Jay wrote:I think I preferred it when you were being an ass.....
Nice to see you again as well
joeypants wrote:Maynard is fine, same as he's been for a long, long time (and well before 10K Days). Same with rest of the band. Nothing but positive things are happening, there's just a lot of tea-leaf reading going on. Which I get, even if I've long since given that practice up (and I highly recommend that road, it's much more enjoyable! ha).

Music is done. Maynard is working on lyrics, and for a project he's still very much respectful of and enthused about. His interactions with morons (I'm generalizing) on Twitter is not a good barometer. Nothing good comes from Twitter anymore. Ever. It is a digi-human swamp. Life is better the less Twitter you have in your life, and I have yet to see anyone able to refute this unassailable truth.

We're all going to have a new Tool record (reasonably) soon. Rejoice.
Some things never change. Ever the optimist you are Mr. Pants. You and I view Maynard very differently. He makes the choice to interact on twitter, and his responses of late haven't been with morons, but rather to straight forward questions asked fairly respectfully. Those questions have been met with off the cuff, curt, borderline petulant replies. It gets old. #aperfectcircle2018...zero fucks given
Last edited by M0G on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You're not wrong.

I just know I deleted my own account because by the time I got to anything remotely positive or interesting, I'd had to wade through the most utterly detestable statements from every knuckle-dragger on the plannet, seemingly.

But I am absolutely an optimist, haha. I just took the last Rogan appearance especially to be a sign that deep down, he has the utmost love and respect for the music and art Tool makes, it's the things surrounding it that wear his patience thin. And already at the best of times, he's a pretty salty, suffer-zero-bullshit kind of person.

But either way the fact holds true, we're nearing the finish line! This gives me great joy.
Last edited by joeypants on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.