The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Cunt does roll nicely on the tongue.  Delicious.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Glad we can agree on something
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said

See there is hope for us yet.  HIGH FIVE

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said

Okay you gotta clarify something for me.  What is up with your nick?  That shit is confusing.  Are you a dude or a chick?  Or both.  Not judging. Just curious.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

By nick you mean my username right? Well... it's just silly, not meant to be taken seriously.

...and i am a male
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

children said
By nick you mean my username right? Well... it's just silly, not meant to be taken seriously.

...and i am a male

hey he loves the children. must be a big Arcade Fire fan.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I just wish I could come on here and see some news such as "Tool are in the studio recording their new album, titled $750,000. The album will consist mainly of songs of the same caliber as Hooker with a Penis, Ticks n Leeches, and Pushit"

Fuck, make it an April fools joke. I just want to be excited for new music.

But alas, Tool consists of "perfectionists" who are, for the majority, running out of good material to write. Wait what am I saying? They're rocking and back to writing! The delay is because Adam got divorced and Danny broke his dick bone. Now, Adam's got a new squeeze and Danny's back to drumsticking Rynne on a regular basis. Sooooo what's the holdup?

FUCK!
SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

snazzlefrass said
Sooooo what's the holdup?

Well they still have the Australian tour to get out the way, and Maynard hasn't even started songwriting with them yet (as of the most recent interviews anyway) so I suspect there's still a couple of months of songwriting left post tour. Maynard is busy doing APC and Puscifer stuff at the moment (they're in South American this week, and then Coachella shortly), so I doubt has yet to make much of a contribution to songwriting, nor will he until the Tool tour is done.

All things going well, I'd expect them to hit the studio in around August, which would put the next album on the same timeframe as 10,000 Days (ie an April 2014 release).

I think we all know well enough by now to not get our hopes up until we get some solid information though...
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

hahaha yeah I was just joking around. I figured once all the touring and shit is over they'd record. It just seems that them being more distant (I think Adam was mainly referring to Maynard in that interview) it will be harder to sync their schedules up for that commitment. I mean come on, Tool requires a huge commitment (years of writing, months and months of recording, etch) and to be honest Maynard doesn't seem as committed as he once was. I feel that once he comes in we'll have the same problem we had when he tried to write to Jambi. The music was so complex he couldn't figure out what to do with it. In the end it was okay, but just think how much more time would be added if each song was complex and hard to write lyrics to. Ah well, we'll see I guess. Hopeful by now he is much more involved so we don't have that problem.

April 2014 ftw.
SteveBobSteve
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy1975 said

snazzlefrass said
Sooooo what's the holdup?

Well they still have the Australian tour to get out the way, and Maynard hasn't even started songwriting with them yet (as of the most recent interviews anyway) so I suspect there's still a couple of months of songwriting left post tour. Maynard is busy doing APC and Puscifer stuff at the moment (they're in South American this week, and then Coachella shortly), so I doubt has yet to make much of a contribution to songwriting, nor will he until the Tool tour is done.

All things going well, I'd expect them to hit the studio in around August, which would put the next album on the same timeframe as 10,000 Days (ie an April 2014 release).

I think we all know well enough by now to not get our hopes up until we get some solid information though...

Yeah I completely agree.  I said recently March or April 2014 as well.  At least they are getting there.  Starting to get a bit more positive about it.  It actually is starting to feel like it's around the corner, whereas before it was just on the horizon.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said

...and i am a male

Cool.  Good to meet you dude.  Let's stop bitching and be homies.  We can drink 40s and bust out some Tupac lol

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

mogeffingmog said 
Yeah I completely agree.  I said recently March or April 2014 as well.  At least they are getting there.  Starting to get a bit more positive about it.  It actually is starting to feel like it's around the corner, whereas before it was just on the horizon.

Yeah, they're talking it up with a bit more conviction these days.  I'll be surprised if they haven't hit the studio be years end.

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

NYHC81 said

children said

...and i am a male

Arcade Fire is great, but i'm not sure what children have to do with them. Are they pedophiles or something? That would be disappointing...
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

children said

...and i am a male

Cool.  Good to meet you dude.  Let's stop bitching and be homies.  We can drink 40s and bust out some Tupac lol

Sure, why not? I like 40s and Tupac... and peacefulness
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ah Tupac. Of all the rapper, hell celebrity deaths in my lifetime his was one of the few to actually affect me. Honestly a very short list.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ John Candy was mine.. Go figure..
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Busty McCracken said
^ John Candy was mine.. Go figure..

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

March 2013 newsletter is just around the corner, should I get excited for some news? or are we going to just get a re-hash of the Opiate re-release? just for a second, imagine if Blair posts a picture of Maynard sitting behind the boards at some studio next to Danny with no caption......one can dream.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

NYHC81 said
March 2013 newsletter is just around the corner, should I get excited for some news? or are we going to just get a re-hash of the Opiate re-release? just for a second, imagine if Blair posts a picture of Maynard sitting behind the boards at some studio next to Danny with no caption......one can dream.

I'm expecting the next newsletter may actually be that interview with Adam regarding Opiate.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

children said

NYHC81 said

children said

...and i am a male

Arcade Fire is great, but i'm not sure what children have to do with them. Are they pedophiles or something? That would be disappointing...

Arcade Fire suck balls.
I like to poop naked.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

markuspoop said

children said

NYHC81 said

children said

...and i am a male

Arcade Fire suck balls.

You are so manly with your muscular masculinity. No real man would listen to that hipster pussy shit. You must have a thick beard and an even thicker cock. How pleased with yourself you must be, stewing in your own machoness.

Have fun being trapped in the closet. I'll be enjoying deeply emotionally moving music while feeling comfortable with my sexuality...
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said

markuspoop said

children said

NYHC81 said

children said

...and i am a male

Arcade Fire suck balls.

You are so manly with your muscular masculinity. No real man would listen to that hipster pussy shit. You must have a thick beard and an even thicker cock. How pleased with yourself you must be, stewing in your own machoness.

Have fun being trapped in the closet. I'll be enjoying deeply emotionally moving music while feeling comfortable with my sexuality...

^ Is there something wrong with having a thick beard and cock?  If so I am in deep shit.

Zander
Maynard Believer

Post by Zander »

hellboy1975 said

NYHC81 said

I'm expecting the next newsletter may actually be that interview with Adam regarding Opiate.

That interview is already up, it was added to the February news letter, not sure when. Nothing new except Cold and Ugly would be Adams favorite Opiate song to play live today.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

mogeffingmog said

children said

markuspoop said

children said

NYHC81 said

children said

...and i am a male

Arcade Fire suck balls.

^ Is there something wrong with having a thick beard and cock?  If so I am in deep shit.

Absolutely not, as long as you're humble about it.